Friday, July 3, 2009

I have always loved Montana but I have re-fallen in love with Libby (the town that Chad and I grew up in). It has been a while since I have been here during the summer. Most of our visits have been around Christmas time which = dead of winter. Everything that the kids and I have done has never been more than a 20 minute drive and I have gotten to eat some of my favorite things.

Burger Express Taco- check
Rosaures (Dads store) shortbread cookie and cheese rolls - check
Treat (or 2) from Dairy Queen - check check...our DQ is special its walk up only, no drive-thru, no inside seating just a couple picnic tables outside and its only open from about may - October
Red Dog Pizza - check just got back THE BEST EVER!



The end of River Road trail...







(the best thing about going with my mom is that she puts her i-pod on and sings the whole way!)


Last night my Dad, Mom, Justin and I floated the river in my Dads drift boat a.k.a "The Trout Slayer." It was very beautiful and relaxing (although I'm finding out that I have to remind my self to relax). My sis, Riki, took Jessica for me...Thank You!



































Today my brother Josh and I took the kids up to the Kootenai Falls and Swinging Bridge. If you have ever seen the movie River Wild this is where it was filmed. Justin was a great little hiker and Jessica just loves catching a ride on my back.












So we are off to the lake tomorrow and looking forward to the neighbors firework show tomorrow night (unlike AZ fireworks are not illegal in MT )

Have a Happy 4th!!!















6 comments:

Kathi said...

bee.u.ti.ful! when are we coming?

Tammy Williams said...

Looks like you are having a great time in MT. Makes me miss it. Even Libby. It would be nice to go back for a trip. Just where would we stay???? Glad your doing well..LOok forward to seeing you in july!!! Kiss the kids!

Allred's said...

It's gorgeous there. Are you sure Snowflake is the right place for you? After seeing that, I want to move.

Allred Family said...

Everyone looks happy and well. Your kiddo's are growing up so fast! We miss getting to see you guys! Oh - and I'm proud of your music list :)

Casey and Ryanne said...

I'm so jealous right now and am counting down the days until Casey and I arrive in Libby. I too love Libby and can't wait to share the experience with him. I wish we could have been there when you and the kids were there. Maybe next time! Love you!

The Rocks said...

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! One day, I'll get my family back up there to visit uncle Scott and aunt Karen! I love how you are able to go for so many hikes with the kids. It looks like Justin and Jessica really enjoy it! Love you!