Thursday, October 23, 2008

OH THE PLACES WE GO

Since living down here in Arizona we always have a dilemma when it comes to traveling. We seem close enough to drive but far enough away to fly...we ALWAYS choose to drive. This trip was to California for my sister Ryanne's wedding. Although we fit in the VW Jetta it is a little snug so we decided to get a rental for the trip.

The Rental: a very nice 2009 Dodge Journey. It had plenty of room and storage



The Problem: Yes, that is right ANTS, in our rental rig, and a lot of them. Who knows where them came from but the were coming out of window seals, vents, etc. Little tiny ones small enough to squish with one finger but very annoying!




The Trip:

Destination - California

Miles - 1306
Hours in Car - 23 (including stops. 1 in undies 1 nursing. So Fun!)

Total Days - 4


Even with all of that we had a good time. My sister was beautiful (*note to self* take picture at next sisters wedding) We definitely want to go back before we leave AZ for a family vacation. There is a lot to do even if my husband doesn't like CA.


Pictures:


Jessica at her first Zoo.
Justin and Daddy eating a balboa bar.
Uncle Josh and Jess (it had been almost a year since I had seen my bro)


The kids would completely crash every night...I did not complain.

5 comments:

Allred Family said...

You guys are tough - MONTANA tough. Cassie - is your hair short? I couldn't tell if it was from the picture, it looks so cute!

Allred's said...

How fun to get to go on a trip. But the ants, I hope you guys didn't get bit. I really dislike ants, because they are so tiny and hurt so bad. How are you loving your new home? Your pics of it look awesome.

Kim Lakko said...

Justin and Jessica are adorable and could be twins (minus the age difference). They look a lot like you. Tell Ryanne congrats for me! :) Are you making up to Montana for any of the Holidays?

Kathi said...

If we aren't poor as dirt(exactly how poor is dirt??) next summer we should plan a cali trip...I love me some southern california!

Kathi said...

Yes, I should be packing...