Chad had a class for work in Phoenix for 3 days and asked if we wanted to tag along. Of course I thought sure lets get out of town for a few days...even though it meant me driving down by myself and only seeing him for dinner.
THE GOOD:
The heat (95-100), Costco, Target, splash pads, swimming pool, free hotel, spending a day with a friend from high school that I haven't seen since Justin was an infant (and she just moved down there! YEA!)and meeting her 3 cute kids, seeing a good friend of mine from Lakeside who moved back to the valley (sure miss her!), Caleb, kids completely crashing every night, my GPS, frozen yogurt!
THE BAD:
The heat for my baby, whining, not wanting to play with friends kids, broken dvd player, hot car seat buckles, babies blow outs (gross I know), the Zoo closing at 5
THE UGLY:
Justin puking his guts out in Costco but some how turning a corner just in time to see a garbage. Did get some in his hat..we promised to buy him a new one if he let us throw it away...WHEW!
Hearing my first " I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I REALLY REALLY HATE YOU!" fits. For those of you with kids this age and older you know what I am talking about. For those of you with out kids or with kids who haven't done this yet be real...its going to happen. And for the rest of you (grandparents in particular) who are thinking my kids never did that. Pick your jaw up off the ground you are not remembering right...it happens. I was not sad or hurt just couldn't believe he was doing it right there in a parking lot in front of my friend and her kids. But its ok. I locked him in the scorching hot car until he could calm down and apologize. Just like all of you would have done right! HA!
At least the Good out weighs the rest. Here are a few pictures.




4 comments:
WOW!! I hadn't heard those stories. I can so relate to ALLL of the above. Baby looks like he was having fun in the pool. SO cute.
I'm just choosing to read "the good"! I don't believe for a second that your sweet, beautiful children would be anything but perfect! lol
Well i must say my jaw was on the floor!! YOU NEVER EVER said that to me!! did you??? not at 5! you handled it well "ROAST HIM".. I cant wait till you are here!! love ya
It was awesome to see you! Your kids are great. If it makes you feel any better... I heard the "I hate you" the first time when Blake was 4! AND you dealt with it SO MUCH better than I did. LOL :) Be safe and have fun on your trip to Montana! You should take the kids to my parents and have them experience the 4 wheelers :)
Post a Comment