Our yearly trip to MT came fast and went fast. We were gone almost exactly 4 weeks (including driving time) and we had a great time. My sister Riki flew into Phoenix on a Wednesday and early Friday morning we were all loaded up and off. I just have to say that my kids were GREAT! The first day of the drive they were PERFECT...seriously...and I dont say that too often. We made it to Pocatello, ID (742mi) and that was with a 2 hr stop at my grandparents house in Layton, UT. The 2nd day was good too but they were tired of being in the car. When we got out to take this picture I thought I was going to die. It was so cold and all I could think was that I only brought 2 pair of pants for each kid.I can't thank Riki enough for taking the time off work to drive up with me. My kids LOVE her and ALL my babies and always loved cuddling to her.
Our first week was spent with Chads parents in Florence just outside of Missoula. I was lucky enough to see some of my cousins that I don't get to see to often. The 2 girls on either side of me are from Dutch Harbor, Alaska (have you even seen "Deadliest Catch"). The blondie had just moved down a few months before about 10 min. from my in-laws and her sister came down from AK to visit. Next is my sister Riki and the one on the end is another cousin that lives there in Missoula. Even though it was only for a few hrs it was still so good to see them. AND my grandparents from Boise came in too.
Papa has 2 riding lawn mowers a red one and a green one. He asked Justin if he would help him mow the lawn and Justin said "sure, which one do I get the red one or the green one."
Jessa was GLUED to his hip the whole time!
The weather did get warm enough for us to go to Splash Montana. It is a fun (and cheap) water park. Especially for little kids. My kids had a blast! And although Justin was bummed he couldn't go on the big water slides we reassured him that one day he would be tall enough too.
Chads sister lives just 30 min south of his parents and we were able to go and play at there house. She has 5 kids and my kids LOVE hers just as much as hers LOVE mine. Cousins are great!
All the grand kids know its kindof a tradition for Papa and Nana to take them to the Carousel in downtown Missoula. It is a fun place but I get dizzy after one ride. Its a good thing they would rather go with Papa and Nana then me.
Roasting marshmallows...who doesn't love that!
We were also able to spend an afternoon with 2 of my other cousins and their kids. I think this picture caught Jessa in the middle of a sneeze.
Caleb and his petite cousin Jaycee (she is only 6 weeks younger)
10 years ago
4 comments:
Cassie...being with family is so fun and feels so special. But, I hope you know how much you were missed! I love you guys!
I am so glad you were able to go up to Montana for so long. Looks like you had a great time. We REALLY need to get together soon. It has been way to long. Hope Justin and Brennan are in the same class:)
great pictures!!
About time! I am excited to see part 2 from your montana adventure.
Post a Comment