Saturday, March 14, 2009

FIRST TRIP TO THE DENTIST

When I assisted I would think all the time...I can't believe that people just don't come in for their check-ups...I know they have insurance...if they would just come in every 6 mo. like they are suppose to we could catch the problem when it was small....blah blah blah. Here I am almost 4 years later and I haven't seen the dentist. I kept blaming it on moving and that I wanted a good dentist because I know what good work looks like.....but NO MORE EXCUSES!
This was Justins first time and knowing him and his personality I totally prepped him for it. We check out kids books from the library and I told him everything to expect...squirty water, mouth vacuum, gloves, masks, spinning toothbrush ect. (just for extra measure we bribed him with ice cream on the way there)
I WAS SO PROUD OF HIM!!! A little shaky at first but he did GREAT! He even let them take x-rays. Far from what I had pictured (Justins not much for people he doesn't know... well, sometimes not even much for people he does know.. but he has definitely gotten better).




And Yes! I am that type of Mom...you know...the one who takes her camera to the dentist!
And Yes, I realized how much I missed what I use to do. Especially when I found myself walking real slow by the other rooms to see what they were doing, wanting to go through the drawers, and wishing I could clean Justins teeth my self. But I refrained from being the I-use-to-do-this-know-it-all type. Although I did peek at our X-rays when no one was in the room.

2 comments:

Kinghorn said...

I'm with you! Haven't been to the dentist in about 3 years. Blamed it on the pregnancy, then living in a rural area, then moving. Now I guess I should go. We'll see how far I get.

PS- I'm a huge fan of Fleetwood Mac. Mike calls it hippy music, but I don't care.

Tammy Williams said...

You are so funny!! Peeking in the other rooms! What a great job justin did. We are still trying to get Addie up for this!! And o my gosh what is my mental brother thinking!!! Matches, guns at 3, I would have taken his head off!!! Good thing your way more melow than me!! But tell him I think he is mental!