Some ladies from our ward (church) put on a baby shower for me earlier today. We had it outside at a gals house who is a event planner/caterer. She had it set up so nice with center pieces and all. She even made this cute 2-tiered cake with pink frosting covered in sugar crystals. I wish I would have taken my camera pretty fancy. Anyway, I (baby) got a bunch of cute outfits and a whole lot of diapers...THANKS!
They made a great brunch with a ton of food so by the time people left we had forgotten to cut into the cake. So Teressa just gave me the whole top layer (there is a point to all of this...I'm getting there). I get home (a little later than planned...Chad still has to go to work!), unload the car, and go back into the bedroom to visit with Chad while he is getting ready. Justin is in the kitchen yelling....Daddy! Chad! Chad! (that's what he calls him now) Come here! So Chad goes into the kitchen and Justin is holding up his fingers which have a little frosting on them (OK so we knew Justin was on the counter w/ the cake) I hear Chad say "you got frosting on your........Oh!" so I come out and this is what we found.............
2 1/2 year old + very cute baby cake =
We had a good laugh. Especially at his for stuck right in the center of it all. Honestly, we wouldn't have eaten that much cake anyway. (Kathi don't tell Teressa my kid destroyed her cake!)
I just wanted to show this cute gift my friend, Kathi, made. It is all diapers and all the flowers are little head bands. SO CUTE! THANKS!
2 comments:
Fun times! My arms got sunburnt...I think I forget how mormony white I am...that's funny about Justin. Who made that diaper cake, it is really cute :) just kidding, well kinda, I was pretty impressed with myself how cute it turned out, I am probably going to steal your pic and brag about it on my blog :).
How fun! Your little girl is almost here. Justin is quite the kid. I can't believe he didn't make more of a mess. He is sneaky.
Post a Comment