Monday, August 15, 2011

KiNdErGaRtEn!!!

Justin was so ready and excited for his FIRST day of kindergarten. He was up at 6:45 and we didn't even have to be there until 1:30. For the first day they have to have a parent with them. We sat and listen to all the announcements and other information for the parents then he went with his teacher, Mrs. Romney, only for about 30 min. while I filled out paper work. So really it wasn't that much of a first day. This was Thursday Aug. 11th. I still can't believe how EARLY they start here.


Day #2 He was still very excited about going so waiting until 11:30 was still a little tough but better then the day before. I wanted to walk him to his class to make sure he knew where he was going and planned on only being about 5 min early...then my car wouldn't start! This is when you are so grateful for neighbors! I walked across the street left my other two and took off in her truck..this is also when you are grateful you only live half a mile from the school. The kids go out to the playground first and wait for the bell and their teacher. But since it is the other big kids lunch time it is a little overwhelming. I stayed with Justin until his teacher came. He turned and gave me a big hug then walked up and hugged her. I got a little choked up but knew that he would do GREAT!
I will not be taking a picture everyday but I wanted to remember that he picked this shirt out because he said it looked like a scouting shirt:)
So today (day #3) I STILL got a little choked up when I dropped him off.
I know that he is so ready to learn and be big and I am so happy for the loving helping caring little boy that he is but I am also so glad that it is only 1/2 day. Ever since being around his cousins up in MT he CAN'T wait to learn to read. That's what he says he is MOST excited for.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I just got teary eyed reading this... he is such a big boy now...love you and thanks for being such a great mom! ALSO HAPPY28th today!!!!

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

He is so cute. I'm so excited for him. Love you Justin.