Saturday, August 20, 2011

July 24th

In some places in the United States the 24th of July is a Holiday (in our family its my moms birthday). I know not everyone knows this but it is true. So much so that in some towns everyone gets the day off work. That's how much of a holiday it is. Although this is only is some parts of Idaho, Utah and Arizona its a holiday none the less. And here in Snowflake, AZ it is one of the BIGGEST of the year. It is a pioneer celebration...to celebrate the pioneers settling these here lands:) Anyway, it is fun. And I am glad that we were back in time to be part of it.
Rodeo. Who doesn't love a rodeo. Cowboys, country music, horses and dirt. They are one of my favorite things to go and watch. The kids really enjoyed it too especially the fireworks at the end.

Some friends and I took the kids to the park that had probably 4 or 5 jumpy castles set up. Jessica was an animal. I didn't think she would do it but she climbed to the top of the huge slide one and went down all by herself. She love the obstacle one and this one here (in the pic) had this little rock wall thing with a rope. She must have climbed up it and slid down 15 times. Look at her here hardly being able to stand the wait.
This was both the kids first time getting their faces painted. They were VERY sad when it washed off in the bath that night.


Happy 24th of July!

2 comments:

Karen said...

WHAT!!! its not only My day?? they arent closing down the town for me??? hey i really really miss you guys!!! love you tons

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

It was a fun day. I'm glad you got pictures up. I LOVE the new family picture. It's SOOOO cute.