Wednesday, November 19, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (and a half)

To make it extra easy on Chad the kids and I were all born on the 16th. Now he just has to remember what month!

JUSTIN TURNS 3!

the cake...Ribbit
blowing out candles


opening gifts

best buddies


We had a fun little birthday party with a few friends on Saturday and took him to the movies on Monday (Madagascar 2 very cute). He got embarrassed when we sang 'Happy Birthday', funny boy. I can not believe how fast 3 years has gone and to think that he has spent everyone of his birthdays here in AZ. I have learned a lot since having Justin especially patience and never ending love. Here are a few things about him...

*LOVES fire, police and construction trucks and can tell you all the kinds
*Has a sweet tooth like Daddy
*Can count to 10 and say ABC's
*Has some good dance moves that mostly I only see
*Can sing a ton of songs and loves to listen to "his" music in the car
*Is very loving and says "I love you" often
*His daddy is his Hero
*Likes to dress himself
*Good at using his manners
* and says things like "Hey guys" (mom and dad), "OK here's my option", "I'm just a guy", and "daddy lets me do it"

one quick story: Justin likes to sit on Chads lap at the table but Chad only lets him after he is done eating. So, Justin said he was done and got down, asked if he could sit with Chad, then decided he wanted more to eat. Chad said "that's fine, just hop up to the table." Justin, without knowing what he was saying says "Ya, up yours!" completely meaning up to your table or to sit with you. We often have to hide our smiles at times like that.


JESSICA 6 MONTHS

Our beautiful baby girl is 6 months
She can roll both ways, is starting to sit up on own, thinks her brother is so funny, loves food (and now will take a bottle...yea!), loves to splash in the bath and gives big wet warm kisses.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Isn't being a mom the GREATEST!!!I love you all:}..I can't believe how fast Jessica is growing up.. she is absolutley beautiful!(great genes)..Justin is such a handsome "guy"..I love talking to him on the phone.sure do miss having you closer..but one day.. love ya

Tanya said...

Oh i miss those babies....move home fast!!! Alaska Shmaska...Dillon Rocks!

Allred's said...

I love the cake it is so cute. Happy birthday little buddy. Jessica is beautiful. She is growing up so quickly. Macy just started crawling yesterday and I can't believe it has gone by so fast.

The Rocks said...

Happy birthday Justin! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun for his party. And your baby girl is adorable! I can't believe it's been 6 months already! We send our love!

Sandy Ballard said...

Glad he had a great birthday. I know what you mean about 3 years flashing by. Cute cake too.

Kathi said...

I didn't realize all your b-days are the 16th, Ella too. Hey, I think we are going to go up Friday and Saturday to the rents cabin. If you haven't gone to the movies yet, I'm still up for it. Don't know that you want to drive 3 hrs total just to go though.

Tracy Scussel said...

What a great blogger you are!! I love that you keep it updated and post pixs! Cute babies you have.....like your mom said, genes...Can't wait to see you at Christmas....love you all

Allred Family said...

I LOVE LOVE Justin's cake. You little Martha Stewart you! We miss you guys.