Friday, September 21, 2012

Alaska (part3)

ON THE BOAT...
Riki and Levi had a balcony so every once in a while we would go check out their view.


 Of course the food was amazing and we all ate our fair share....and a dessert was never missed.

 We won a good ole game of scavenger hunt. So here we are with our winning flashlights.
Pretty sure we won due to Chad getting his picture taken with a crew member from America (they are not easy to find).
 At a "Princess Pop-Star" show


 Here we are in Skagway. Our last stop in Alaska
 We took a beautiful train ride to the White Pass, the boarder of US and Canada



 Quick picture in the tunnel


 The way back is never as interesting:)
 This is an old train car that you can actually rent out to camp in.
nothing like a big stuffed bear
 Victoria B.C.
I do not like human statues and am ready to run at his slightest movement.
 We were not in Victoria very long and most of it was at night. What we did see was beautiful and I really want to make a trip back.

One last thing.....Chad and his binoculars....

.


This trip had been 2 years in the making and although 3 siblings were not able to make it we did have a great time! Thanks so so SO much to my in-laws for taking our kids. It was the first time that I have ever actually fully enjoyed a vacation that was just for Chad and I. I knew they were in good hands having a great time in Montana. 

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Great pictures, Cas....So glad you had a great time....Memories!

Elder Summit Larson’s Adventures in Paris said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I have to say Cassie.....you look beautiful!!!!

Cassie said...

Thank you Heather (wheres the "like" button!) I think it had something to do with trees and water and mountains....and no kids for 8 days ( I did miss them but dang that relaxing stress free vaca)